It’s important to reach out for help right now if you can identify with any of the following:
- Seeing or hearing things no one else does
- Feeling paranoid and suspicious as if others are out to get you
- Having thoughts of harming yourself or others and you want to act on them
- Unable to sleep because you’ve had more energy than you’ve ever felt before
- You’re not getting along with those around you and you’re irritated they don’t seem to understand you
What you’re experiencing is very scary and you may fear telling anyone how you feel, but it’s so important you get help immediately via an emergency room. This is a temporary and treatable illness and with the right professional help, you will get better. If you’re a loved one, make sure this mom has 24/7 supervision until she is seen by a health care professional.