Skip to content
- Express the urgency and seriousness of your condition.
- Be honest and descriptive to the best of your ability about what you’re feeling.
- More than saying “I think I have PPD,” explain details of why you think that.
- When you call, mention these three things:
- Tell them, “I believe I am experiencing PPD.”
- Describe your symptoms in detail (“I can’t sleep when the baby is sleeping, I feel panicked all the time, I feel hopeless and scared.”)
- Make a specific request of what you want. For example, “I want the doctor to call me back today” or “I need to see the doctor today or tomorrow, it is urgent.”