The Womb Room
The Womb Room in Milwaukee hosts a free support group for moms or moms-to-be experiencing anxiety or depression symptoms. The group offers information, support, and tools to help you feel like yourself again. Babes in arms are welcome. The group is held on the second Saturday of the month from 1-3pm at The Womb Room, 3920 W. National Ave. Milwaukee, WI.
WEBSITES WE TRUST
- Hopeful Mama: http://hopefulmama.com/resources/
- MGH Center for Women’s Mental Health: http://womensmentalhealth.org
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
- Postpartum Support International: http://www.postpartum.net
- Proyecto Mamá: https://proyectomamamke.com/
BOOKS WE LOVE
Karen Kleiman, Good Moms Have Scary Thoughts: A Healing Guide to the Secret Fears of New Mothers
Over 90 percent of new mothers will have scary, intrusive thoughts about their baby and themselves. What if I drop him? What if I snap and hurt my baby? Mothering is so hard. I don’t know if I really want to do this anymore. Gosh, I’m so terrible for thinking that! Yet for too many mothers, those thoughts remain secret, hidden away in shame that make you feel even worse. But here’s the good news: you CAN feel better!